Merging with another business, or acquiring or selling a business, are all significant and complicated legal transactions for any business owner. Mergers are also used between related companies to transfer ownership between them in a tax-free manner.
John provides legal advice, and related services, for each step of the purchase, sale, or merger of a business.
Some examples of John’s merger and acquisition related legal services are:
- preparing, negotiating and reviewing asset purchase/sale and stock purchase/sale agreements
- assisting with ownership changes for partners, members and stockholders
- corporate stock redemptions
- tax-free mergers and reorganizations
- planning and structuring asset purchase/sale and stock purchase/sale transactions
- income tax planning for mergers and acquisitions
- preparing, negotiating and reviewing letters of intent
- analysis of debt and equity financing documents
- preparing, negotiating and reviewing promissory notes, security agreements, and UCC filings
- preparing and reviewing escrow agreements
- business broker agreements