An essential component of operating a business is administering, maintaining and compensating the employees of the business. Sometimes, the owner of the business is the only employee.
Either way, the relationship between the employees of a business, management and the business owner is governed by a wide assortment of federal and state laws.
John provides employment related legal services for both his employee and employer clients. A few examples of the employment related legal services he provides are:
- reviewing and preparing employee handbooks
- reviewing and preparing employment agreements
- tax planning for executive compensation
- stock option plans, restricted stock grants and phantom stock plans
- U.S. Internal Revenue Code Section 83(b) elections
- employment termination and wrongful discharge
- employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- non-competition, confidentiality and trade secret agreements
- employment severance agreements
- paycheck, employee benefit and wage/hour disputes
- general human resources issues